In 2007, I completed a time-consuming, retool of two wiring closets. Over 200 network wires that used to connect the entire network together were barely labeled and punched down with only 2 pair in most cases at our company. I had to tone out all the wires, label both sides , make arrangements to cut and re-punch to 568A standards to start. Remove old hubs & switches from a shelf, put in a rack and punch down panels and run new lines to computers that were over distance or on old cables (Cat3).
This is the area after:
The next area I did not have before photos but it was all leading into a shelf near the hot ceiling and boy was it scary.