AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
- Network Administration
- Infrastructure Maintenance
- Project Management
- Support Specialist
- Customer Service
- Technology Procurement
- Capacity Planning
- Veeam Backup Solutions
Master of Science Information Systems-2015
Minot State University, Minot, ND
Elementary Education – Post Baccalaureate Coursework-2004-2006
University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT
Bachelor of Science – Interdisciplinary Science-1994-1997
Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
Experienced Senior System Administrator\IT Project Manager that adapts to dynamic technology changes to fulfill a hybrid support role. I take pride in my professional ability to forecast technology needs, communicate with project stakeholders, and support the user community. I have a proven track record of ensuring the stability and security of all network infrastructures and maintaining support vendor relationships and contracts. I am able to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences. I am a lifelong learner that is passionate about technology.
IT Systems Environment Manager – October 2021 – Present
- Advise and provide technical expertise, project management, and leadership skills to implement new functionality, and/or upgrade existing functionality, in support of new platforms. Bringing continuity and standards to the implementation process of the non-production environments and deliver quality business solutions across a variety of applications and operational environments.
IT Manager – January 2021 -September 2021
CSE Credit Union, Hartford, CT
- Direct day-to-day operations and long-term planning of the Information Technology department. Working under the direction of the CFO, I direct and manage all IT functions of the credit union to ensure that in-house systems, hardware, software, telecommunications, networking, peripherals and operations support the credit union’s goals and objectives.
- Supervise IT department staff
- Lead the cybersecurity initiatives
- Plan and test Disaster Recovery and the Business Continuity Plan.
- Manage and execute the credit union’s IT compliance program.
Manager – IT Projects – November 2019-January 2021
Keeney Holdings LLC, Newington,CT (*Formerly The Keeney Manufacturing Company)
- In addition to core Senior Network Administrator responsibilities, I am responsible for IT Project Management and supporting transition efforts after Keeney was acquired by new owners. Under the direction of the new owners, I am heavily involved in exciting projects associated with the transition from a traditional on-premise infrastructure to a cloud-first infrastructure model.
Manager – IT Projects – May 2015-November 2019
The Keeney Manufacturing Company,Newington,CT
- Managing IT projects by leading and working closely with stakeholders to implement projects on schedule. All aspects of projects are managed with enthusiasm through planning, budgeting, and documentation through project phases.
- Manage and govern outsourced services and contracts related to applications operations.
- Supervise and mentor a direct report help desk analyst.
Senior Network Administrator-August 2005 – May 2015
The Keeney Manufacturing Company, Newington,CT
- Responsible for research, configuration, implementation, and administration of network for corporate office and remote sites.
- Manage and maintain servers, workstations, mobile technology, switches, printers, and network cabling.
- Work with several operating systems, including Windows, macOS Ubuntu & various Linux distros.
- Project Management.
- VMware system management.
- Develop and maintain network system documentation.
- Recommend procedures, policies and technical standards.
- IBM iSeries system operations, configuration, and client support.
- Wireless network administration and RF terminal support.
- Back-up procedures utilizing Veeam Backup solutions, Crashplan, and various standalone solutions.
- Disaster Recovery documentation & testing.
- Familiar with satellite communications.
- O365 Exchange Online Administration
- IBM Domino & IBM Notes email administration.
- IBM Domino application design.
- Avaya IP Office Phone System administration.
- Cisco Meraki wireless and LAN administration.
- Familiar with Cisco ASA and FirePOWER services administration.
- Familiar with Mimecast services.
- SolarWinds Service Desk.
- Hardware/software procurement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Project, Microsoft Server Products.
- Familiar with Tableau Server & Desktop data visualization software.
- Familiar with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Visio, Project, Open Source tools.
- SaaS & Cloud Management: Office 365, Smartsheet, Wrike, Adobe Creative Suite, Box, Google Drive, Dropbox.
- Enterprise Video Conferencing Administration: Zoom, Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams.
- Familiar with Azure Infrastructure.
- Supervisor\Trainer\Mentor for Remote Staff.
- Provide support for 300+ users at headquarters and remote sites in : New Hampshire, Jiangmen, China, Georgia, Nevada, Montreal.
- Help Desk Support for mobile users.
- Provide IT Security Support & Cybersecurity initiatives.
- User training.
Help Desk Analyst-August 2003-August 2005
Bristol Hospital, Bristol, CT
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware, software, and network issues for a large user community in a fast paced environment.
- Provide support for Windows operating systems; Microsoft Office, Peoplesoft, PcAnywhere, IDX/Carelink, Outlook, Exchange, Citrix, IBM iSeries.
- Responsible for managing help desk tickets with Network Associates Magic Service Desk for all calls, and documentation.
- Remote support.
Network Administrator-March 1999-August 2003
The Keeney Manufacturing Company, Newington, CT
- Responsible for administration of network in company and remote sites.
- Help desk support for user problems with applications, software, and hardware for workstations and servers.
- Hardware/Software procurement.
- Configuration of Windows Operating Systems.
- Configuration of application software, networking infrastructure.
- Administration of Windows Servers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Visio, Enterprise Ghost, Client Access, Symantec PcAnywhere , SQL administration.
- Administration of Lotus Notes mail server and clients.
- Knowledge of AS400\iSeries system operations and clients.
- Experience with JD Edwards application software.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures and backups.
- Phone system administration.
- Network cabling.
- Assisted with implementation of wireless environment in warehouse.
- Supervisor and trainer for technical support employees located at remote facilities.
AWARDS & INVOLVEMENT
Dale Carnegie Course | Skills for Success -2019
CompTIA Project + Certified November 2018 to Present
SNEC-PMI Member -2017-19
Business Finance for Non‐Finance Personnel-2016
VMUG VMware User Group -2016
Microsoft Server 2008 & Active Directory -New Horizons-2009
Outstanding Service Award -Bristol Hospital -2004
Administering Microsoft SQL Server -New Horizons -2003
Web Authoring – HTML1- New Horizons -2002
A + Certification course Hardware & Software -New horizons -2001
Employee of the Quarter -Keeney Manufacturing -1999
Eagle Scout – Troop 6 Bristol,CT -1993
CompTIA Project+ Issued Nov 2018 – No Expiration Date–-Credential Identifier\Credential ID LEGQ191EYCQQ1VSC